The programme is a 15 – day classroom based programme at NQF Level 2 with a 45 credits total.
|Possible learners:||Front of house staff in the reception of hotels, guesthouses or lodges|
|Attendees:||maximum 15 minimum 10|
|Entry Requirements:||Matric, English Communication NQF L 3 Numeracy NQF L 3|
The purpose of this programme is to develop learners in a variety of personal, organisational and vocational skills in order to deliver a professional reception service.
The successful learner will be enabled to:
- Maintain, determine, record and confirm bookings on a manual and computer system
- Prepare customer accounts and deal with departures in accordance with organisational
- Ensure a smooth check out process and maximise customer satisfaction.
- Prepare, operate a payment point and process payments efficiently as well as performing
cashing up and hand over procedures.
- understand the importance of security for the guest, self and for the organisation when handling customer
- realise the importance of confidentiality and professional conduct.
This is a level 4 programme.
The programme contains the following Unit Standards:
|SAQA ID||Unit Standard Title||Level||Credit|
|7789||Provide Customer service||4||8|
|7790||Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls||3||3|
|7820||Operate payment point and process payments||3||3|
|7703||Provide customer information and book external services||3||2|
|7706||Maintain a booking system||3||3|
|7710||Deal with the arrival of customers||3||2|
|7721||Exchange foreign cash and travellers cheques||4||3|
|7722||Co-ordinate the greeting and assisting of guests on arrival and departure||4||4|
|7793||Describe lay-out, services and facilities of the organisation||2||1|
|7868||Monitor and maintain health, safety and security||5||4|
|PLUS Select at least 4 credits from the following:|
|7730||Maintain the portering/concierge service||5||4|